Welcome to the desktop version of Omale Joseph's Blog a.k.a G3wap! Online

Monday 11 August 2014

Nigerian man killed his wife with a knife after HIV transmition

Man Killed his wife for infecting him with a deadly disease, HIV


The man pictured above was identified as Mr. Philip Katongu. He allegedly killed his wife after noticing some strange symthoms that was told to be HIV.

It was told that the man pictured above killed his wife in a street of Lagos known as Oniru Estate, Maroko. Police said she was pierce with some pointed instrument (stab) in about three (3) times. But later arrested by operatives of the Department of Criminal Investigations, Yaba, Lagos, Katongu, 45, claimed he killed her because she infected him with HIV and then wanted to leave him for another man. Philip Katongu says:
"I married Justina, my second wife in December 2010. I later learnt that she had given birth to two girls for a man. The girls died of AIDS. However, when we first met, she did not tell me all these.

I explained to her that I have a wife with children and I wanted to marry her too. Before marriage, I told her we should go to hospital to conduct HIV test, but she refused and said that she was HIV negative.

So we started sleeping together.” Katongu claimed that without his knowledge, his wife had been going to Abuja for medical treatment every three months for HIV, until March 2013 when she took him along. He said it was at the hospital that she disclosed her HIV status to him.

“I was angry and told the doctor who equally blamed her for not disclosing it to me. The doctor then tested me, and I was positive. We came back to Lagos and continued with the relationship because I loved her.

But suddenly, she told me she wanted to pack out from my house that she was no longer interested in marrying me having had another person in Abuja. In fact, the man usually called her on phone while we were together.

“I told her that with her status, she should not go and be infecting people with the virus. And that I will kill her and kill myself. We started fighting and I stabbed her. It was in the early hours. I stabbed her three times with a knife. She shouted and people were knocking at our door. After she died, I stabbed myself, and the people broke the door open. I woke up to find myself in a hospital.

I feel very bad that I killed my wife. I loved her very much.” Punch report.
What do you think must be the right option?



Join Our ClubTen Daily New Updates

1 comment:

  1. which kind of devel that will ever push a man to do such terrible thing cux of HIV??? Ghostly!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are
those of the comment writers alone and does not
reflect or represent the views of G3wap! Online.

Use the comment form to post your thoughts to this post.